One of the annoyances is that in DPM 2007 and 2010 you cannot install the GUI onto your own workstation and as such you'll have to always connect to the server to run the software (unless you are a Powershell Guru).
David Allen has published how to conenct using RDP and remote app but his is shwoing how to do it via 2008 TS, if you are on 2003 try the following:
- On your DPM server right click My Computer > Properties > Remote.
- Click Enable Remote Desktop and select the users you want to have access.
- On the client computer Start > Run > mstsc > OK
- Click the Programs tab
- Tick Start the following program on connection
- Program path and file name is:
(note the speech marks around the second part).
- Change the local resources that you want (screen size/colour depth etc)
- Then save the resulting RDP file into your start menu.
And as Gorden Ramsey would say: