- Download a copy of OpenSSL which has been complied for Windows (https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/Binaries).
Note: You can do this on your workstation, it does not need to be done on the same machine that created the certificate request.
- Extract to a temporary directory:
- Extract the files you got from the Public CA into the same directory
- From an elevated command prompt Change Directory into your folder and type the following command:
openssl.exe pkcs12 -export -out server.p12 -inkey PrivateKey.txt -in SSLCert.txt
- OpenSSL will ask you for a Password and then ask you to confirm:
- And a portable certificate file will be created:
- Now simply import into the Windows certificate store and you're good to go
PEM certificate files on Windows
While doing certificate renewals for a client recently I was given PEM format files which I needed to convert into a certificate that Windows can consume.